Coming up in the next issue of IN VIEW:
- In-depth coverage of the European tour.
- comprehensive report on Maharaji's visit to Africa.
- India revisited, Fall '85.
- Itinerary for the 1986 North American tour (to include public programs for people interested in receiving Knowledge).
- Plus other featured articles.
The following brief news items provide a glimpse of the Fall '85 tours of Europe, Africa, and India, and Latin America. The Next issue of IN VIEW will include more extensive reports of international events (see "Looking Ahead" to left).
- Immediately following his 17-city tour of North America and the North American Convention in Miami Beach August 3-4, Maharaji left for an extensive tour of Europe, Africa and India. In 33 days, he gave 28 addresses in 14 European countries and five African countries, plus India.
- At each stop on his European tour, Maharaji found the halls full or overflowing. Some 3,000 met with him in Wembley, England, on Friday, September 13. This meeting was described by some of those present as ''lively, provocative, relevant."
- In Geneva, Switzerland, Maharaji said the beauty inside every individual is waiting to be uncovered. "People ask me, 'You talk about peace, where is it?' It is in everybody's heart, that is where peace is. It always has been. It is not a question of just bringing wealth to people of the world. It is, rather, having them put their hand in their own pocket and pull out some of that "gold" they've been carrying around for their whole life. Right inside. And that is an amazing process-uncovering, not discovering, not inventing, just simply uncovering. Blow some of that dirt away, guess what? Sparkling. Beautiful. Amazing beauty inside each individual."
- In Africa, Maharaji visited 4 countries he had never been to before: the Ivory Coast, Ghana, Zambia, and the Island of Mauritius.
- He went to South Africa for the first time in a decade.
- In Northern Africa, an estimated 1500 who had already expressed interest in receiving knowledge, attended his first event.
- In Ghana, some 450 who had expressed interest attended.
- At each visit, there was a warm, vocal and lively response marked by much handclapping.
"People ask me, 'You talk about peace, where is it?' It is in everybody's heart, that is where peace is. Right inside… Amazing beauty inside each individual."
- In India, where he toured for 12 days, he made eight addresses in seven cities, and he followed that with an address in neighboring Nepal.
- Later in the fall, Maharaji arranged to visit Mexico and South America for a five-city tour. More than 1,000 between Mexico and Brazil were waiting to receive Knowledge.
For further information about the local and regional events, and others which may be added to the schedule, or for information about receiving Knowledge, please phone:
Denver Rocky Mountain Area
San Antonio / Austin
617.579.4164 Rosle Lee
212.713.5189 Ira Wood/Joan Apter
516.549.5193 Steve Sitnik
404.662.9726 Henry Jacobs
312.769.2673 program info. answering machine
305.952.5331 Loring Baker
416.964.7788 Anne Johnson
514.682.6038 Charles Bordue
303.440.3409 Judy Osborne
512.641.5049 Susan Johnson
213.859.2227 David Smith
415.339.3350 Jill Katz