1973 Magazine Articles About Prem Rawat
In 1973 stories began to increase rapidly. Unfortunately for Divine Light Mission, they were highly critical of Prem Rawat (Guru Maharaj Ji) - understandably so.
- Guru Maharaj Ji Says: 'All I Promise Is Peace' - Harvard Crimson, August 27, 1973
- Newsmakers - Newsweek magazine, August 20, 1973
- People You Should Forget: Guru Maharaj Ji - VIVA Magazine Article
- Bliss And A Regular Coffee - The New Yorker Magazine Article, October 1, 1973
- 'You're a Perfect Master' - Newsweek Magazine Article, November 19, 1973
- Blissing Out in Houston - New York Review of Books, December 13, 1973
- Black Jack Love - New York Review of Books, December 13, 1973
Research by Stephen A. Kent, published in "From Slogans To Mantras" has revealed the extent of the hostility to Prem Rawat in the 1970's underground press. It was to the counter-culture readers that most of the recruitment was going on and they had a much greater knowledge of the methods, success and results of the practice of "Knowledge". It was particularly appropriate that the Fifth Estate was so vitriolic in this short piece as it was their reporter, Pat Halley, who was nearly murdered by Mahatma Fakiranand for the shaving cream pie incident in the following year.
- The Guru Game: Peace which passeth all understanding. - Ramparts Magazine - July 1973, page 26-35, 47-57.
- God Comes to Detroit - Fifth Estate Magazine - August 18 - August 31, 1973
- Guru's Secret - Fifth Estate Magazine - September 14, 1973
- GURU - Fusion Magazine (September, October 1973 Issue - Nnumber 90)
- Perfect Master on the Ropes? - Rolling Stone Magazine. (Issue No. 145 - October 11, 1973, page 8)
- God in Houston: The Cult of Guru Maharaj Ji Ji - The New Republic November 17, 1973
- Guru Goons Loose - Fifth Estate Magazine - December 1973 - Volume 8 No. 18
- What's Behind the 15-Year-Old Guru Maharaj Ji? - The Realist Magazine, December 1973, No 97-C
- An Expressway over Bliss Mountain - EastWest Magazine, page 29