Prem Rawat (Maharaji) - 1977 Press Articles
In 1977 DLM was trying to avoid any publicity for Prem Rawat while he regained control of DLM and the premies after Bob Mishler's unwanted changes of 1976. DLM tried to avoid publicity but they were mentioned in all the thoughtful background pieces on cults published that year.
- Guru Cult Cuts Exotic Embellishments The Fresno Bee Sat., Jan. 1, 1977
- Tucson Center: Bringing the Cultists Back The Los Angeles Times, Jan. 3, 1977
- Meditation: Millions in U.S. in Pursuit of Inner Peace The Los Angeles Times, Feb. 13, 1977
- A Sampler's Directory to Meditation Groups The Los Angeles Times, Feb. 13, 1977
- What Attracts Young to Sects? The Charleston Gazette, Tuesday April 26, 1977
- Miami's startled elite wish the guru, in short, a pleasant stay INDEPENDENT, PRESS-TELEGRAM, Sat., July 3,. 1977
- Few Can Define Rapture, But Maharaji Packs House Miami Herald, August 1, 1977
- WHAT IF YOUR CHILD JOINS A CULT? FAMILY WEEKLY, November, 1977
- What the new sects are teaching their converts Elyria, O, Wed., Sept, 14, 1977 Chronicle-Telegram
- Ex-Moonie tells of Unification recruiting practices Elyria, O, Wed., Sept, 17, 1977 Chronicle-Telegram
Prem Rawat becomes a US citizen.
- Guru, 19, becomes U.S. citizen INDEPENDENT (AM) PRESS-TELEGRAM (PM) Long Beach, Calif., Wed., Oct. 19, 1977
- Guru, 19, becomes U.S. citizen Syracuse Herald-Journal Oct. 19, 1977
- Guru is now U.S. citizen EL PASO HERALD-POST Thursday Oct. 20, 1977
- Notes On People The New York Times October 20 1977
In Argentina, DLM was one of 3 cults banned. 87 premies were arrested on drug charges.
- 2 Religious Sects Banned By Argentine Government The New York Times January 27, 1977
- Furor Over Religion Ban Oakland Tribune International Fri., Jan. 28, 1977
- Hare Krishna is banned in Argentina THE TIMES Friday January 28 1977
In Winnipeg those humble, stolid premies continued their advertising, though God was no longer mentioned.
- "People who look for Peace get it" WINNIPEG FREE PRESS, Saturday, April 2, 1977
- Coming Events WINNIPEG FREE PRESS, Thursday, May 12, 1977
The "Palace of Peace" was now too big for the dwindling DLM so it went under the hammer.
- CHARITY COMMISSION: PROPOSED SALE THE TIMES, 1977