Prem Rawat (Maharaji) - 1990s Press Articles
In the 1990's Prem Rawat remained under the radar of the mainstream press except in some areas where his activities stirred notoriety again.
- Friends, Music, Butterflies Pay Tribute to '60s Activist Salt Lake Tribune, May 6, 1991
- Behind the Gatehouse, Island Thrives in Casino's Wake the Miami Herald, 25th July 1993, reminisces about the "God on Earth" who paid $8,800 a month rent
At the Los Angeles Times, it was considered appropriate for reminiscences about Prem Rawat to be printed on April Fool's Day
This included Queensland, Australia where he founded a cult compound "Amaroo" in the guise of a convention centre.
- Millionaire cult leader Maharaj Ji is holding a secret session west of Brisbane this weekend Courier-Mail, Brisbane, Australia Sept. 20, 1997
- Hoddle twaddle The Guardian, Wednesday February 3, 1999
- Divine intervention at the Daily Mail The Guardian, Thursday July 14, 1999
- Must be some other guru The Guardian, Friday July 16, 1999
- I really love your lotus feet The Guardian, Wednesday July 21, 1999
- Corrections and clarifications The Guardian, Thursday July 22, 1999
- FORMER GURU ON A DIFFERENT MISSION Rocky Mountain News, 30 January 1998