Prem Rawat (Maharaji) - 2000s Press Articles
In the 2000's Prem Rawat remained under the radar of the mainstream press, he was too insignificant to warrant attention except in some areas where his activities stirred notoriety again.
This included Queensland, Australia where he founded a cult compound "Amaroo" in the guise of a convention centre.
- Transport hoodoo, guru's only problem Courier-Mail, Brisbane, 27 April 2001
- Guru Inspires Prayer and Protest Courier Mail, Brisbane, Australia, March 9, 2002
- Guru goes to ground after security scare Courier Mail, Brisbane, Australia, July 9, 2002
- One Man's Guru Is Another Man's Fraud, or Worse Newsday (Melville, NY), October 21, 2001
One time cult member and journalist, John MacGregor, wrote the most complete story about Prem Rawat in the mainstream press
- Blinded by the Light The Good Weekend, August 2, 2002
- Guru's followers flock to hear him speak Australian Associated Press, 4 September 2002
- Guru - mum's the word Gold Coast Bulletin, 4 September 2002
However, Prem Rawat's early career as the divine "Guru Maharaj Ji" was not completely forgotten.
- Working the web: Cults The Guardian, Thursday February 13, 2003
- Guru offers message to attentive UC-Berkeley audience Daily Californian, May 1, 2003
- Campus Speaker Criticized by Ex-Devotees Daily Californian, April 30, 2003
- Several critical articles appeared in the Bristol Post (UK) before and after Prem Rawat's meetings Bristol Post, June 14-15, 2003.
- India-born religious guru's organisation under probe Hindustan Times - UK edition, Wednesday, June 18, 2003
- The Three Faces of Prem Pal Singh Rawat Independent Media Center Sunday 26 Oct 2003
- Court rulings support sect's harassment of freelance journalist (Reporters Sans Frontieres) Website March 17, 2004.
Former Vice-President of Divine Light Mission and trenchant critic of Prem Rawat dies in tragic circumstances.
- Colorado Free University founder was 'visionary' The Denver Post, March 30, 2004
Prem Rawat's gouging of his premie's finances continues to provide public interest and ridicule.
- Maharaji's inner peace in a tent doesn't come cheap Courier Mail, Brisbane, Australia, April 21, 2004.
- Peace at a price by Hedley Thomas, Courier Mail, Brisbane, Australia, April 24, 2004.
- Top dollar to see guru by Kay Dibben, Sunday Mail, The (Brisbane, Australia) - September 25, 2005
- That Guy in Flashdance "B" Grade Hollywood actor Michael Nouri - New York Observer, February 16, 2004
- Some Other Gurus Are Confident of Revealing "Divine Light" Sant Rajinder Singh Maharaj and have endorsement from the Dalai Lama - Daily Herald, August 8, 2004
There are serious articles.
- Court lets 'cult' gag journalist The Australian, November 11, 2004
- CULT LEADER GIVES CASH TO LORD MAYOR APPEAL The London Evening Standard, May 31, 2007
- Guru followers asked to target Gandhi party The London Evening Standard, November 30, 2007
- Guru and devotees jet in for a Queensland love-in Courier Mail, September 14, 2012
- How a bright idea in 1983 helped Deltek corner the market in government contracting services The Washington Post, November 22, 2013