Prem Rawat: The Greatest Gift
Everyone knows that life is precious, is a one-time chance and that very few attain the life we hope is possible. As Maharaji explained:
We have been given the greatest gift - and that is this life itself - but it's too blah. There's something missing, you know?
Since the mid 1990s Prem Rawat has stressed the wonderful gifts that each living human being has. He often speaks about the Greatest Gift of All:
- I understood once again that, of all the gifts I have been given, the greatest is the breath that comes into me every moment. It is the most non-judgemental gift that I receive.
- If I say to you that the greatest gift you could have is the gift of the breath, would you believe me? Or a little doubt? But it is true. It is the gift of gifts, so abundantly given, without you ever having to pray for it
- Yes, you can be fulfilled. That's what's important. The greatest gift you can give yourself is the gift of joy, the gift of peace. That is tops. And every step counts toward knowing the one thing you thirst for – that your life be fulfilled
- …peace is today. Tomorrow is anticipation. Yesterday is just memories. And today is the gift. The truest gift. The most important gift.
- I'm here to tell you, "You are important regardless of that agenda because you are alive. It is the greatest miracle; it is the greatest gift. And it has been given to you." Given.
- You know what is the greatest gift and given so abundantly - and it is generosity beyond belief - then all you have to do is look at your breath
Everyone alive has these precious gifts. Having these precious gifts is not enough. You must recognise they are gifts and the giver.
- Unwrap what you have been given a gift you haven't opened for a long time. It's about you–your journey, your ship, your boat on this ocean. It doesn't matter how young or old you are, the time has come to open the greatest gift of all
- To me, the greatest gift you can have is truly to be alive, and a greater gift still is to recognize that. Then, it's beautiful - then, you understand. That's when gratitude begins
- What is important is recognizing the gift you have.
- Do you know how to see the value of the gift you've been given?
- The solution lies within - in understanding that, yes, peace is a possibility. Peace begins with you. Peace is possible for you. Yours is this life - the gift you have been given. Awaken and accept it.
- Whether someone is in pain or in joy, the Creator is giving the gift of life equally to everyone.
- When Self-Knowledge is given to a person who is ready, it is a gift that is given with no expectation of anything in return because nothing can be given in return. But when a person who has experienced that beauty, that joy, in their life realizes that love is the greatest gift they can give, and then gives that they will receive that love tenfold more than they ever imagined.
The most important thing is to recognise the giver of the gift, be grateful, accept his teaching, become his student and Practice Peace.
this body is a temple of God. It is the greatest gift that God has given us. It really is the most useful gift to us practically. dlm_pubs/divinelight/vol1no4/gmj_makeuperfect.html
But believe me, this process of Knowledge takes that very jewel, that very beauty, which is life, and makes it almost perfect, makes it bloom. And that is what you're trying to do. - dlm_pubs/aiid/0402/gmj_existsnot.htmlWe have been given the greatest gift -- and that is this life itself -- but it's too blah. There's something missing, you know? It's like a rose plant with no roses on it. I've seen when they've trimmed the roses, the plant just looks weird, blank, empty. There's nothing there. But when there's a rose on top, even those thorns start looking beautiful. Even they carry a meaning behind them. Even they possess some beauty. But that beauty is only brought out by that rose.
In the same way, this is our life. This is the jewel that we have been given. And it's blocked. And we realize that. But by the Grace, we have been sent for by this person who has completely mastered the only process, which is Knowledge. We call him Guru Maharaj Ji. We call him Perfect Master.
That perfection and that beauty that exists, that's always there. It's us who pull ourselves away from it, who pull ourselves away from that greatest gift, greatest God-given gift that we have got. How many times are we going to do that? How many times are we going to deny our Lord? I mean, I can't even imagine how man can be as crazy as he is! The Lord Himself reincarnates, reincarnates, reincarnates Himself for the very purpose of saving us. - Maharaji, Hans Jayanti
So what is the blessing for a human being. Of course we've talked about life, we've talked about that breath, we've talked about this existence and yes they're all blessings. But there is another wonderful blessing and that blessing is the Master.
Maharaji also considered that life itself was the greatest gift though probably not as great as himself, the Perfect Master.
We have been given the greatest gift -- and that is this life itself -- but it's too blah. … this is our life. This is the jewel that we have been given. And it's blocked. And we realize that. But by the Grace, we have been sent for by this person who has completely mastered the only process, which is Knowledge. We call him Guru Maharaj Ji. We call him Perfect Master.
Or are you in fact going to use the greatest weapon of all, are you going in fact to take the greatest gift of all, are you going in fact to take the greatest answer of all, and utilise it, this gift that has been provided to us, that has been given to us? dlm_pubs/frankfurt/gmj_absenceofknowledge.html
To enjoy the greatest gift from God, Life we need the greatest gift given by Maharaji, Knowledge.
Are you just gonna let your crazy mind come in, the absence, the absolute blankness come in and confuse you and confuse you and confuse you and confuse you? Or are you in fact going to use the greatest weapon of all, are you going in fact to take the greatest gift of all, are you going in fact to take the greatest answer of all, and utilise it, this gift that has been provided to us, that has been given to us? - Frankfurt Germany
This greatest gift of Knowledge, The Holy Word, is so greatest that not even Maharaji Himself can sing the glory of this Knowledge
And I want to see everybody being benefited from this greatest gift. Because this greatest gift, really, is so incredible that nobody - not even me - can sing the glory of this Holy Word, can sing the glory of this Knowledge. It's so incredible; it's so incredible. But we can realize it, and that's what we have to do: We have to realize it, and realize it now. - Atlantic City New Jersey
Then there is the greatest gift you can give yourself by utilising the greatest gift of Knowledge which is given by Maharaji which allows us to enjoy the greatest gift from God, life which exists through the greatest gift of breath and for all of this we rely upon Maharaji, the greatest gift of God to man.