Prem Rawat (Maharaji) - 1971 Press Articles
- International Times Issue 114, October 1971 - An "Alternative newspaper"
There are 10 newspaper articles about Prem Rawat posted here from 1971 when Rawat was 14 years old. Regional newspapers were not above altering wire service stories for effect, compare the Mansfield News journal and the Sunday Gleaner Magazine approaches. It was also printed in the Winnipeg Free Press as 'I Was A Teenage Guru'.
- Hallelujah! The mini Guru, aged 13, cometh Evening Standard, June 17, 1971
- Worshippers greet the boy guru 'straight from Heaven' Daily Mail, June 18, 1971
- Divine light in Golders Green Express & News, July 9, 1971
- Guru From India, 13, to Be Heard Sunday Los Angeles Times, Jul 17, 1971
- Teen-Age Guru … Maharaj Looks for Followers on World Tour Friday, September 3, 1971 - News Journal, Mansfield
- 'Pretty Far-Out Little Dude' The Washington Post - Tuesday, September 14, 1971
- I Was A Teenage Guru… Story Of Maharaji Of India Sunday, September 19, 1971 - SUNDAY GLEANER MAGAZINE
- Faithful flock to see boy Guru County Times and Gazette - Friday, October 22, 1971
In this syndicated humorous column we see the style of the original US premie press releases. The premies soon realised that openly stating the "truth" about their guru would only raise derision and criticism and so began the attempts at image creation and deceit.
- On The Line. Opening The Mail The Coshocton Tribune, Thursday, December 16, 1971
Prem Rawat attended a Catholic Boys' School so it's quite understandable that he has never had a Protestant work-ethic. Even in 1971 he was cancelling appearances but it's not as if he was greatly missed nor that his appearances were attracting much attention.
- Cancellation Notice THE NEWS WN * Van Nuys (Calif.)--Sunday, August 22, 1971
In 1971 there were as many articles about and advertisements for Swami Guru Devendra Maharaj as mentions of the 13 year old Guru Maharaj Ji.