Prem Rawat (Maharaji) - 1974 Press Articles
Dog; Or I Saw The Light Ann Arbor SUN anuary 4, 1974 - Possibly the most insightful article about 1973s Divine LIght Mission
There are 28 newspaper articles about Prem Rawat posted here from 1974 when Rawat was 16 years old.
This story and others about the brutal attempted murder of Pat Halley revealed the darkness at the heart of Divine Light Mission, the flaw that allowed its idealism to be perverted.
- Get Your Red-Hot Panaceas! The New York Times, January 19, 1974
- Letters to the Editor: The Search for a Better Life The New York Times, February 4, 1974
- Notes On People The New York Times, February 4, 1974
- Letters to the Editor: Guru Maharaj Ji enjoys a nonprofit tax exemption The New York Times, February 14, 1974
- Disciples expelled THE TIMES Saturday March 23 1974
- Five Sect Leaders in Chile Sent to Desert Prison Camp The New York Times, March 24 1974
- More Texas Than Technology in The Houston Astrodome The New York Times, April 7 1974
Out in Winnipeg the local stolid, humble community were advertising regularly and they were holding back nothing.
- Guru Will Show You God - Face To Face WINNIPEG FREE PRESS, January 14, 1974
- Guru is Greater than God - Because he Reveals God WINNIPEG FREE PRESS, July 12, 1974
The Wedding story flashed around the world. Quite possibly a new benchmark in unlikely husbands and trophy brides.
- 16-Year-Old Guru Maharaj Ji Weds His Blonde Secretary, 24 Los Angeles Times, Tuesday May 21 1974
- Perfect Master gets married to US woman THE TIMES Wednesday May 22 1974
- People in the News: Boy Guru takes a bride INDEPENDENT (AM) * PRESS-TELEGRAM (PM) Long Beach, Calif., Wed., May 22, 1974
- The plumpish spiritual Leader has married his secretary The New York Times, May 22, 1974
- She's Tried Everything Else And Now She's Mrs. Guru Thursday, May 23, 1974 FLORENCE MORNING NEWS
The Press seemed to enjoy publishing stories about Prem Rawat with a twist
- Guru Performs First Wedding CHARLESTON DAILY MAIL THURS., May 23, 1974
- Just-Married Guru Performs First Wedding Sheboygan Press, Thursday, May 23, 1974
- Follow INDEPENDENT (AM) PRESS-TELEGRAM (PM) Long Beach, Calif., Fri., May 10, 1974
- Follows guru's lead, weds secretary INDEPENDENT (AM) *** PRESS-TELEGRAM (PM) Long Beach, Calif., Fri., May 20, 1974
- Guru, aide both marry THE DAILY REVIEW, Haywood, Calif., Friday, May 24, 1974
- GURU'S HELPERS DEFEND PURCHASE OF BOAT, 56 CARS Los Angeles Times; Jun 24, 1974
- Guru's Mission is audited Oakland Tribune, Haywood, Calif., Tues, June 25, 1974
- Guru Maharaj Ji - mystic and business mogul Chicago Tribune, July 14, 1974
- Guru Maharaj Ji - mystic and business mogul Part 2 Chicago Tribune, July 15, 1974
The truth can be found out there, sometimes even in a TV review column
- TV: Meditating on Young Guru and His Followers The New York Times, February 25, 1974
- Bob Mackenzie… On Television: Blissed Out on Maharaj Oakland Tribune Fri., March 8, 1974
A court case reveals one of Divine Light mission's sordid financial secrets
- Gift To Guru frozen by Canadian court action GREELEY (Colo.) TRIBUNE, Wed., Nov. 20, 1974
- Maharaj Ji Buys $400,000 Home Base in Malibu Area Los Angeles Times, Nov 27, 1974
- Notes On People New York Times, November 30, 1974
But the mahatmas kept on touring and talking of the "benefits" of Guru Maharaj Ji's meditation.
- Calendar Of Events Stony Brook Statesman, June 6, 1974
- Meditation to Be Topic NEVADA STATE JOURNAL Sunday, Dec. 22, 1974